Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Slight Reversal Of Cervical Lordosis

the cheese, Mr. Gervais

I really much appreciated comedian Ricky Gervais has written in his blog for "Wall Street Journal about why he does not believe in God. In it he states including the demand that would justify believers why they believe in God - and not vice versa.

Text of this great artist is wonderful, wise and worthy of discussion - if not only the same the very first two sentences would be a lie: "Why do not you believe in God I get that question all the time?". I believe him a word. No civilized Christian faith - and'm assuming that he send in his media and television world are not too many crazy, meets with the Bible wagging, backwoods bigots - would ever be an atheist so ask nonsense. Of course, it is logical not to believe in God.

only logic is irrelevant in this report. Either you believe in God or you do not. Either you have experienced his presence, his voice heard, or you just want to believe in him. Or is religious deaf. But the but is not a question of causality. But one A Priori. to ask someone why he does not believe in God comes before me as superfluous as to ask someone why he does not like poems. Some can use it to just not do anything. It is not bad for them because they know not what they miss. And God can very well do without a few billion souls, more or less - while it would be very nice for the writers of the world if more people would buy books of poetry.

I just like all my other faithful friend, and no missionary zeal. I come from atheists like vegetarians: lovable oddballs that link to something very beautiful in life To abandon them simply because it does not taste or because they think it is dangerous. Vegetarianism is - in view of the insanity of meat production - just as logical as atheism. I mix myself as a non.

Perhaps I know just enough zealots. The people in my circle of friends live mostly at medium temperature. I am a Protestant meat eater, but my best friends is a Catholic vegetarian, who always buys the best salami, if they invite me over.

The only bigots I know are - and that is really not an invention - atheists. I've been in my life have significantly more likely vollgetextet of atheists with their sermons as vice versa. In most cases, the notification extremely joyful people. Some of my atheist friends I unfortunately had to hide on Facebook because I do not five times a day with press releases of the Humanist Association or the latest wisdom from Dawkins / Deschner / Hitchens wanted etc. flooded. Such people need to not ask why they do not believe in God, they tell unasked one. Why should it be with Ricky Gervais different?

0 comments:

Post a Comment